The STEM Teaching Tools site has tools that can help you teach science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). We are currently focused on supporting the teaching of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Each tool is focused on a specific issue and leverages the best knowledge from research and practice.
- Learning STEM Through Design: Students Benefit from Expanding What Counts as “Engineering”
- Failing Forward: Managing Student Frustration During Engineering Design Projects
- How to focus students’ engineering design projects on science learning
Science & Engineering Practices
Equity, Science for All
- Teaching STEM In Ways that Respect and Build Upon Indigenous Peoples’ Rights
- Implementing Meaningful STEM Education with Indigenous Students & Families
- Overview: How can we promote equity in science education
- Engaging English Learners in the Science and Engineering Practices
- How to launch STEM investigations that build on student and community interests and expertise
- How can I foster curiosity and learning in my classroom? Through talk!