Activities for the second week at home
Tech Tales Storyboarding
This week, take some time to brainstorm what your family story will be. Remember, the three prompts to choose from are:
- Tell a story about an important experience in your family’s past.
- Tell a story about how your family and/or the world might change in 10 years.
- Tell a story about a place that is important to your family.
Explore Art, Science & Engineering Materials
Take home one of the suggested books, videos, or web sites related to art, science, or engineering
Choose something you learned from your exploration to share with the group next week.
As part of your backpack play this week, use the code you were introduced to in the workshop to try out some new things.
Some ideas to help you get started:
- Try a new component. Try hooking up a motor or LED that you haven’t used before.
- Remix the Scratch code you started in the workshop. Try to change the speed of the motor or blinking of lights. Can you make two things run in the same program?
- Using the camera in your backpack, take photos or video of the work you do together!
- Save your program on your laptop in a folder on your desktop.
If you need help with Scratch, check out the Help section on this website.