Having trouble with the electronics? Try these first.
Trouble with Hummingbird:
For troubleshooting help, check out the Hummingbird website: http://www.hummingbirdkit.com/learning/troubleshooting
Check your connections:
- USB cord
- Is it plugged into the computer?
- Components (Lights, motors, and sensors)
- Are the wires in the right port? Is it connected all the way? Are positive(+) and negative(-) switched?
- Power cord
- Motors need power to run
Trouble with Scratch:
- Connect the Hummingbird to the computer with the USB cord
- Open BirdBrain Robot Server
- If the screen says Hummingbird Duo Connected, click on the Open Scratch button.
- If Hummingbird Duo is still grayed out, quit Birdbrain Robot Server. Check that your Hummingbird is connected with the USB cord, then open Birdbrain Robot Server again.
- Scratch 2.0 will open, and the Hummingbird blocks are under “More blocks”